Saturday, June 12, 2010

My first real injury

THis actually happened three weeks ago. I was having a below average practice, and just putting skillz from the past month together. Even that was a a little difficult. My favorite trampoline is the one closest to the tumble track. Its soft with a forgiven recoil. I ended up throwing two half outs to full ins, but for some reason didn't get it on video. I wish I would have. In hindsight it was my hardest combo I would be doing for 6 months.
There are a couple elders that come in to flip every Tue & Thu. Usually they flip ( very well) for 30 min or so and then strap into the bungee. Since they are all well over 70 I respectfully moved over to the yellow tramp.
Every trampoline has its own character. This trampoline has a slight wobble that makes staying in the center hard. The bed is rigid, making you work a little for height but once there it keeps it well. The good side of this tramp is that I can attach my camera on the spotter belt and hang it above the trampoline for some "ever head" shots. When I'm on my game and have the camera on I love this tramp. Other days the wobble throws me off and it sucks. Thursday it was my enemy.
I was working on just the basic double to double. And then for some odd reason I decide to throw a super high timer. I like to do timers for fun Its almost like your flying when you hit your back you bounce up and everything is cool. I threw it WAY too high tho and started rotating to much over.. Sensing & seeing I was heading straight to my head and neck I made the decision to rotate it around. This should have been no problem I've landed on my knees a million gazilion times. But the stars where aligned and I twisted just right and the trampoline rebounded like it normally does and my knee popped out place, tearing my MCL and meniscus in the process.

Here is the video

No comments:

Post a Comment